We are looking for a person who is passionate about quantification and enjoys challenges within the area of risk modelling, data and analysis. This is an opportunity for you to join a team with dedicated professionals committed to developing Nordea’s operational risk quantification and analysis capabilities for the future.
In Nordea, we know that great customer experiences require a team that leads the way in first-class service and operations. We’re more than just a Nordic bank, we’re a large employer in Poland. With us, you’ll work with skilled, international teams in a bright, modern office. The lively and collaborative atmosphere offers plenty of opportunities to learn and grow as you build your career with us.
You’ll join Operational Risk Analytics & Models, where we focus on model development, stress testing and analysis of operational risk data. You will play a vital role in shaping the future operational risk quantification and analysis capabilities of Nordea.
What you’ll be doing:
- Build or enhance quantification models and thereby enable Nordea to accurately capture its exposure to risk in an efficient and compliant way.
- Follow industry development in the risk modelling area and identify new methods that could be advantageous to the bank.
- Perform stress testing to ensure Nordea is able to handle adverse operational or economic scenarios.
- Keep up-to-date on relevant capital legislations, analyse their impact on the bank and ensure any needed changes are efficiently implemented in Nordea’s systems and processes.
- Build analytical capability for generating insights for the operational risk picture.
- Identify trends in data and validate data quality.
You will join an area that has a lot of internal and external attention, which necessitates a dynamic approach, drive to succeed and innovative mindset. Operational risk quantification being an evolving field, ample attention will be given to research and development, with a view to improving the existing analytical tools.
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the values that guide us in being at our best – and that we imagine you share with us.
Your profile and background:
- Master’s degree or higher in a quantitative field (mathematics, physics, statistics, engineering or similar).
- Experience with risk or pricing models from financial institutions/consultancy or similar.
- Strong professional analytical skills and ability to communicate results from complex processes in a clear and understandable way.
- Programming and database experience. We code in Python, but experience in other programming languages would also be relevant. Experience in analysis tools such as Power BI would also be an advantage.
- Hands-on experience with Operational Risk, in particular modelling and quantification, would be considered an advantage but is not a requirement.
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
Please submit your application no later than 15 January 2021.
At Nordea, we know that an inclusive workplace is a sustainable workplace. We deeply believe that our diverse backgrounds, experiences, characteristics and traits make us better at serving customers and communities. So please come as you are.
Please include permit for processing personal data in CV as following:
In accordance with art. 6 (1) a and b. Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) hereinafter ‘GDPR’. I agree to have: my personal data, education and employment history proceeded for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp.
The administrator of your personal data is: Nordea Bank Abp operating in Poland through its Branch, address: Aleja Edwarda Rydza Śmiglego 20, 93-281 Łodź. Your personal data will be processed for the recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp. You have a right to access your personal data, right to rectify and right to delete. Disclosing the personal data in the scope specified by the provisions of Polish Labour Code from 26 June 1974 and executive acts are mandatory. Providing personal data is necessary to conduct the recruitment processes. The request for the deletion of your personal data means resignation from further participation in recruitment processes and causes the immediate removal of your application. Detailed information concerning processing of your personal data can be found at: http://www.nordea.com/Images/33-355365/nordea-com-careers-job-pl-en.pdf
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.