Would you like to be part of a team with experienced and talented colleagues, and apply cutting-edge techniques to develop automated model validation in Nordea? We are currently looking for a Senior or Chief Data Scientist to strengthen our automated validation of Nordeas credit risk models.
At Nordea, we’re committed to being a partner our customers and society can count on. Compliance and integrity go hand in hand. Joining us means you’ll have an impact on how we do banking – today and tomorrow. So, bring your ideas, skills and unique background. With us, you’ll be in good company with plenty of opportunities to collaborate, grow and make your mark on something bigger.
Welcome to the Credit Risk Model Validation team. We add value by conducting independent validation activities that informs the assessment and management of Nordea’s models used for credit risk and capital management. As a Data Scientist you will play a key role in the development of automated validation processes.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop, maintain and document Python libraries to be applied in automated validation processes.
- Explore and analyse big data using distributed computing frameworks.
- Communicate the outcome of the analysis and development to a variety of stakeholders, including teaching and supporting colleagues in using the Python library.
You will join a dynamic and inclusive team of experienced model risk and data experts with diverse backgrounds. We work in a cross-border team with team members currently in Stockholm, Copenhagen and Oslo, with the aim of expanding to Poland. The role is based in Warsaw, Poland.
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the values that guide us in being at our best – and that we imagine you share with us.
To succeed in this role, we believe that you:
- Engage in a productive collaboration with stakeholders.
- Are a team player and also master at working independently.
- Have an eye for detail, yet able to focus on the big picture.
- Have excellent skills in spoken and written communication (English).
- Effectively communicate complex topics to a variety of stakeholders.
Your experience and background:
- Academic degree – either at Master or PhD level – preferably in a quantitative field, such as mathematics, statistics, engineering or economics with a specialization in a quantitative subject from a high quality academic institution
- Expert in Python (data science stack) and basic knowledge of Spark and Git. Experience with SAS and SQL is an advantage.
- Have or interested in developing software developer competencies (e.g. Agile, Scrum, unit testing).
- Experience in risk management and knowledge of IRB modelling is an advantage.
- Proficiency in English, both written and spoken.
If this sounds like you, please get in touch!
Submit your application no later than 30 November 2020.
At Nordea, we know that an inclusive workplace is a sustainable workplace. We deeply believe that our diverse backgrounds, experiences, characteristics and traits make us better at serving our customers and communities. So please come as you are.
Please include permit for processing personal data in CV as following:
In accordance with art. 6 (1) a and b. Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) hereinafter ‘GDPR’. I agree to have: my personal data, education and employment history proceeded for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp.
The administrator of your personal data is: Nordea Bank Abp operating in Poland through its Branch, address: Aleja Edwarda Rydza Śmiglego 20, 93-281 Łodź. Your personal data will be processed for the recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp. You have a right to access your personal data, right to rectify and right to delete. Disclosing the personal data in the scope specified by the provisions of Polish Labour Code from 26 June 1974 and executive acts are mandatory. Providing personal data is necessary to conduct the recruitment processes. The request for the deletion of your personal data means resignation from further participation in recruitment processes and causes the immediate removal of your application. Detailed information concerning processing of your personal data can be found at: http://www.nordea.com/Images/33-355365/nordea-com-careers-job-pl-en.pdf
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.