At GSK Finance Hub we are inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. We are a high performing talented team which support our businesses in making the right decisions and driving GSK Finance towards best-in-class.
Almost 300 employees have already joined the ranks of the new financial center, whose headquarter is located in Poznan.
The Polish financial center is a part of GSK global operating model, responsible for serving the European region. Similar two units, responsible for serving Americas, as well as for Asia and Australia, are located in Costa Rica and Malaysia respectively. Our regional finance hubs will be centres of expertise that will work together as one finance team to share best practice and knowledge, working closely with other markets and colleagues from our global headquarters in London.
Currently, we have an exciting opportunity for a Financial Reporting Specialist to be part of our growing R&D Alliances Team in Poznań. This role will be embedded in different markets with the majority of the stakeholders based in the UK & US. In this role you will financially support existing and new alliances which may include intangible assets, venture capital investment funds, cost-sharing alliances or transitional service agreements relating to divested intangible assets.
Please find details below. If you are interested in the role – apply and join our GSK Finance Hub – Europe!
- Calculating cost sharing amounts
- Arranging settlements between GSK and the alliance partner, ensuring that invoices align with contract, checking calculations and liaising with P2P Exceptions team to facilitate payment, ensuring invoices are accounted for correctly
- Preparing journals for accruals, deferred income liabilities and prepayments
- Tracking actual spend versus budget and preparing month-end commentary on P&L and balance sheet
- Preparing and updating budgets and forecasts in partnership with Business Finance
- Create, update and maintain financial models to provide detailed monthly and quarterly forecasts for the market
- Perform an analytical review of performance vs budgets and forecasts, highlighting risks and opportunities.
- Understand the link between plan & actuals, analyse variations and partner with the business to define future growth plans
- Completing ad-hoc reporting requests from finance partners and business stakeholders
- Master’s Degree in Finance or Accountancy
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant finance experience (GL, R2R, Controlling, Auditing, Reporting etc), preferably in a multinational company
- Financial certificate in progress (CIMA, ACCA) or a desire to start certification is an advantage
- Have advanced excel skills
- Close attention to detail to ensure accuracy of financial submissions.
- Ability to work collaboratively with Finance and non-Finance teams to develop strong plans.
- Strong spoken and written English
- We are a high performing talented team who support our businesses in making the right decisions and driving GSK Finance towards best-in-class
- Career with purpose - whatever it is you’re doing, you’ll be sharing our mission to improve the quality of human life, by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer
- Possibility of developing within the role and company’s structure
- Additional benefits (bonus plan, medical care, life insurance, pension scheme, sports card, recreation allowance, social fund)
- Access to newest technologies and solutions
- Integration events
- Career at one of the leading global healthcare companies
- Supportive & friendly working environment
- Corporate culture based on our values: patient focus, integrity, respect and transparency