We’re JTI, Japan Tobacco International and we believe in freedom. We think that the possibilities are limitless when you’re free to choose. In fact, we’ve spent the last 20 years innovating, creating new and better products for our consumers to choose from. It’s how we’ve grown to be present in 130 countries.
But our business isn’t just business. Our business is our people. Their talent. Their potential. We believe when they’re free to be themselves, grow, travel and develop, amazing things can happen for our business.
That’s why our employees, from around the world, choose to be a part of JTI. It’s why 9 out of 10 would recommend us to a friend. And why we’ve been awarded Global Top Employer status, six years running.
So when you’re ready to choose a career you’ll love, in a company you’ll love, feel free to #JoinTheIdea.
Learn more: jti.com
The Financial Controls Manager is responsible for maintaining the Change Management Process for JSOX and Baseline Controls used to capture, process and approve all changes impacting global documentation in a systematic and disciplined manner. You will be also responsible for providing ongoing financial controls related guidance and support to the business, including but not limited to, entitiy integration and project support.
- A competitive pay (together with annual bonus) and an attractive benefits package including medical care, Multisport card, life insurance, pension plan
- An ambitious goal to set up a new Global Business Center
- The complex environment of working with multiple stakeholders, professional support and possibility to share knowledge and best practices
- On-going development opportunities in a multinational environment that will inspire you to grow professionally and personally
- Wide variety of projects and tasks, ambitious goals and independence in achieving them
- Dynamic and innovative spirit with a constant quest to do things better
- Flexible working conditions
- Modern office in a convenient location
Maintains the Change Management Process for JSOX and Baseline Controls used to capture, process and approve all changes impacting global documentation in a systematic and disciplined manner. This includes:
- Assisting with the analysis of change requests, seeking input from concerned parties and making informed conclusions prior to submission to the line manager for review and approval.
- When required, assist with training and liaising with key stakeholders to ensure understanding and smooth execution of the Change Managements Process.
- Assist with the revision and global process documentation including Process Narratives, Process Flow Charts and Controls.
Management Self Assessment Process:
Maintain the Management Self Assessment and Remediation Process covering Management Walkthrough, Control Confirmation, Self-Identified Items for entities in scope for Internal Control Activities (JSOX / Baseline Controls). This includes:
- Assisting with monitoring the progress of Management Walkthrough, Control Confirmation, Self-Identified Items in line with Deadlines and Dates agreed with Management.
- Supporting the JSOX Remediation Process including, upload of control deficiencies from Internal Audit and Deloitte, and the follow up of remediation plans with entities.
- Assisting with the organisation and delivery of local co-ordinator training.
- Contributing to continuous improvement of internal control processes.
Internal Control Tools (JSOX Memo Tool, SAP GRC):
- Update Internal Control tools for new entities / modification of existing entities as required. This also includes the set up and maintenance of yearly campaigns for Management Self Assessment.
- Maintain, develop and improve Internal Control Tools in line with the requirements of the Financial Controls Group
Global Policies and Procedures Maintenance
- Upload policies and procedures to the global library ensuring compliance with the global templates
- Maintain CFO guidance as a result of key policy revisions
- Support the JTI community in respect of queries
- Issue communications to relevant stakeholders concerning key policy releases
- Administer the Financial Controls Group Mailbox, ensure queries dealt with timely.
- Assist with ad hoc projects as required within the Financial Control Group.
- Have an University Degree
- Professional Qualification (ACA/ ACCA/ CIMA)
- Work experience with:
- Internal controls
- Sarbanes Oxley
- Compliance or accounting within a multinational environment
- Fluency in English (written and spoken), additional languages (e.g. French) an asset
- Good knowledge of IT, SAP and Microsoft Office
- Strive for quality
- Winning attitude
- Good interpersonal communication skills