Chapter lead – Model Validation IRRBB [rekrutacja online]
Miejsce pracy: Warszawa
We are looking for you if
- Your skills are a good match with the role and responsibility of a Chapter Lead
- As a Chapter Lead you’ll drive the people agenda and spend about 40% of your time on people management & development. You will:
- manage a new-to-be-set-up chapter of about 7~10 model validators in RiskHub Warsaw;
- be responsible for recruiting and the onboarding of new talents;
- perform HR activities in the related system(s), e.g. recruitment, illness and leave;
- perform the annual Step Up Performance Management HR cycle with your chapter members (i.e. target setting, mid-year review, year-end evaluations);
- have weekly meetings with your chapter members to coach, motivate & inspire them to further improve and grow (incl. further career development);
- ensure continuous improvements, promote a feedback culture within the team and drive team happiness;
- set standards for developing, innovating and safeguarding craftsmanship/knowledge in the fields of expertise within the chapter (e.g. skills, knowledge & behaviour matrix);
- ensure a balance between squad/team deliverables versus people development;
- Your prospective model scope is broad and includes the following main, diverse risk areas:
- Behavioral: Modelling of mortgage & other loan prepayments and non-maturity deposits, as well as other embedded options in retail & wholesale products.
- Interest rates: e.g. Hull-White model.
- Valuation & pricing: Models used for calculating the economic value of a loan or deposit portfolio with embedded options, or for product pricing.
- Replication/hedging: Models used for risk transfer/hedging of assets & liabilities.
- Risk measurement: Models used for risk management & reporting (NPVaR, RRaR, NIIaR).
- As lead of the local IRRBB chapter, you contribute to further building/developing the team by sharing knowledge, coaching and by embracing ING’s Agile way of working.
- You identify yourself in following profile:
- You are an enthusiastic, communicative and flexible colleague with people management skills, who gets energized by coaching and inspiring individuals and teams to continuously improve themselves. You are transparent, open-minded and value diversity and inclusion. You are an advocate of the “ING Orange Code”, a naturally collaborative person and team player who listens and invests in others to achieve common goals. You feel comfortable with providing (and receiving) continuous feedback to your team, and embrace and promote the ING One Way of Working.
- To effectively coach your chapter members on the content and be able to take end-responsibility on the quality of validations, you bring in senior/principal level modelling/validation expertise.
- A quantitative background, i.e. a MSc or PhD degree in e.g. (Financial) Econometrics, Financial Mathematics, Quantitative Financial Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics.
- At least 8 to 10 years of related work experience in modelling and/or validation of models in the risk areas in scope, including extensive knowledge on these, the business and the associated regulations.
- ample, proven experience in leading and/or coaching others in an hierarchical or project role, both from a people management & content perspective. Teaching experience is a pré;
- experience with the agile way of working and have an interest in progressing with this;
- ample experience with adequate and effective stakeholder management, as well as auditors, regulators and onsite inspections;
- experience in being a (pro-active) sparring partner/advisor to Senior Management, in which your presentations are well structured, easy to follow and can be both high level and detailed (on e.g. the contents);
- high quality standards, you are organised & persuasive, you like to interact and build relationships and are a role model in these aspects;
- fluent communication skills in English, both verbally and in writing;
- Moreover, you’re willing to travel occasionally. You have a genuine passion for continuously improving yourself and your team. As a Chapter Lead at ING, you will be empowered to have a true impact on ING’s future model landscape. You’ll have the opportunity to contribute to further implementing ING’s innovative Think Forward strategy.
- contract of employment
type of contract
- Start 7:00 - 9:00 Koniec 15:00 - 17:00
- Zajęcza 4, Warszawa
this is the location of our office
Scope of duties
60%- expert validator - end responsible for the quality of the validation work
40%- people management and development
- professional development
- certificates and knowledge development
- training budget
- access to the newest technologies
- international projects
- free English courses
- provate medical care
- 50% funded Multisport Card
- bicycle parking
- chillout rooms
- integration events and Stay Fit program
- stability of employement
- fully equipped workstations