We are looking for a Senior Analyst to join our team in Markets & Treasury Financial Control (MTFC). As a Senior Analyst in the Business Interaction team of Business Advice & Explanations you will be responsible for the development of a new platform, providing income and profitability numbers to our stakeholders. In today’s world, change is the one thing you can count on. But whatever the future brings, our customers remain at the heart of everything we do. That’s where you come in. Working with dedicated colleagues in an exciting, fast-paced environment, you’ll help meet our customers’ changing needs.
We aim to be courageous and explorative in our approach to innovating better ways of delivering banking services – anytime, anywhere. This means you’ll have many opportunities to learn and grow as you build your career with us. Will you help us lead the way in creating great customer experiences?
You will join Business Advice & Explanations, a part of MTFC within the Group Finance area of the bank, where we work across the functional areas of finance, valuations, risk and capital to bring information to our main stakeholders in Nordea Markets and Group Treasury & ALM that combined are covering a significant part of Nordea’s balance sheet and income. The position is having close proximity to other teams in MTFC and is a good platform for connecting directly to the trading units in Nordea. The team is today based in Stockholm, Copenhagen and Warsaw.
What you’ll be doing:
- Point-of-entry for interaction with all users, amongst front office traders or management, of our profitability applications
- Explain development and drivers of capital and profitability
- Coordinate development of our profitability applications
- Testing and analysis of new features and methodologies in our profitability tools
- Coordinate deliveries with other teams owning data consumed by our applications
- Support interaction with our Markets and Treasury stakeholders on other areas of what we cover in the Business Interaction team
We offer you an exciting opportunity to be part of a team to help our Markets and Treasury stakeholders delivering on their profitability targets and to continue to run a successful and sustainable business. You will be joining a team of talented and dedicated colleagues with a broad background and in-depth specialist knowledge across the value chain on risk, valuations and finance/accounting. The role covers a diverse range of tasks and responsibilities, incl. risk, capital, income and costs, various technical solutions and high-level strategic discussions.
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the values that guide us in being at our best – and that we imagine you share with us.
We imagine that you enjoy learning and are excited about bringing your ideas to the table. You’re dependable, willing to speak up – even when it’s difficult – and committed to empowering others.
To succeed in this role, we believe that you have:
- An ability to work across organisational borders using strong communication skills to influence decisions and engaging with stakeholders at all levels, not hesitating to independently reach out to stakeholders to increase your own level of understanding, align approaches and ensure progress
- A genuine interest in banking and financial markets and products
- A keen interest and strong ability to support business stakeholders with in-depth understanding of income and profitability drivers,
Your experience and background:
- Likely 4-7 years of combined relevant experience from the banking sector or the consulting industry
- An academic degree (MSc or equivalent) in economics, finance, mathematical statistics, engineering or similar
- Prior experience with workflow tools (e.g. Alteryx, DataStage) and visualization tools (Qlik/Power BI) as well as coding in e.g. SQL, Python, Excel VBA would be an advantage
- Have gained insights into how counterparty credit risk or market risk metrics work and are being utilised within banks is beneficial but not required
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written English
- Prior experience with driving projects or project delivery streams is an advantage
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
Please submit your application no later than 29 October 2020.
At Nordea, we know that an inclusive workplace is a sustainable workplace. We deeply believe that our diverse backgrounds, experiences, characteristics and traits make us better at serving customers and communities. So please come as you are.
Please include permit for processing personal data in CV as following:
In accordance with art. 6 (1) a and b. Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) hereinafter ‘GDPR’. I agree to have: my personal data, education and employment history proceeded for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp.
The administrator of your personal data is: Nordea Bank Abp operating in Poland through its Branch, address: Aleja Edwarda Rydza Śmiglego 20, 93-281 Łodź. Your personal data will be processed for the recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp. You have a right to access your personal data, right to rectify and right to delete. Disclosing the personal data in the scope specified by the provisions of Polish Labour Code from 26 June 1974 and executive acts are mandatory. Providing personal data is necessary to conduct the recruitment processes. The request for the deletion of your personal data means resignation from further participation in recruitment processes and causes the immediate removal of your application. Detailed information concerning processing of your personal data can be found at: http://www.nordea.com/Images/33-355365/nordea-com-careers-job-pl-en.pdf
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.