JTI is a leading international tobacco company with operations in more than 120 countries. We’re the global owner of world-renowned brands such as Winston, the number two cigarette brand in the world, and Camel (outside the US). Our global brands also include Mevius, LD and Natural American Spirit, and we manufacture the internationally recognized Logic e-cigarette brand and Ploom Tech, a major brand in the heated tobacco category.
Headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, we employ over 45’000 people across the globe. We were recently awarded Global Top Employer for the fifth consecutive year with regional Top Employer Certification in Europe, Asia-Pacific, North America, Africa and the Middle East. This is recognition of our outstanding talent strategy, energizing culture and commitment to learning and development.
We are a member of the Japan Tobacco Group of Companies. For more information visit www.jti.com.
This is a high profile role with interesting and challenging work, given its significant exposure to external (e.g. Group auditors) and internal stakeholders. Given its responsibilities and JTI dynamic business environment, this position offers professional development opportunities and would suit a motivated and committed individual willing to pursue his/her career within JTI in Warsaw or abroad.
- A competitive pay (together with annual bonus) and an attractive benefits package including medical care, Multisport card, life insurance, pension plan
- Ambitious goal to set up new Global Business Center
- Complex environment of working with multiple stakeholders, professional support and possibility to share knowledge and best practices
- On-going development opportunities in a multinational environment that will inspire you to grow professionally and personally
- Wide variety of projects and tasks, ambitious goals and independence in achieving them
- Dynamic and innovative spirit with a constant quest to do things better
- Flexible working conditions
- Modern office in a convenient location
The Corporate Consolidation Lead Manager is responsible for the day-to-day management of, and development of his direct reports (4 in total).
He is reporting directly to the Corporate Consolidation and Reporting Director, who is based in Geneva, Switzerland. He/she leads the Warsaw Consolidation team within the Corporate Accounting department. The department is ultimately responsible for the timely and accurate preparation of the JTI Group IFRS Financial Statements which are subsequently reported to JT (Japan Tobacco), the parent company based and listed in Tokyo.
The Corporate Consolidation Lead Manager and his team are primarily responsible for performing the monthly financial consolidation of the JTI group within SAP Business Consolidation System. The role is responsible for the delivery of a quality and timely closing of each financial period whilst successfully executing all JSOX controls related to the consolidation process.
- Month end close
Lead the team through the month end consolidation process using SAP consolidation system. Ensure acquisitions / divestments are correctly accounted for in the Group consolidation.
- Controlling data quality:
Responsible for running data quality checks. Work with the General Ledger team (and other relevant partners in the GBS or entities/markets) in order to ensure data quality issues identified within the Consolidation team and related to SAP data are resolved. Ensure technical accounting issues are resolved within the Corporate Accounting team.
Ensure HQ journal reviews are IFRS compliant and review data quality check exceptions to ensure that these are valid.
- Quarterly Group IFRS reporting
Support the quarterly reporting process. Proactively adhere to the auditors timetable to ensure timely submission of reporting pages.
- Internal controls
Ensure that all JSOX controls affecting the consolidation process are satisfactorily executed.
- External audit
Responsible for supporting the wider Corporate Accounting team (Warsaw and Geneva) during the audit fieldwork and resolving any audit issues directly linked to the financial consolidation.
- People management
Active role in the recruitment and management of a team of up to 4 qualified/ part qualified accountants. Ensure training, development & motivation of direct reports. Work with the Corporate Consolidation and Reporting Director to define team objectives. Conduct annual appraisals and follow up on team performance regularly.
- University degree in finance
- Chartered / certified accountant
- 5+ years within an accounting function, with experience within the consolidation department, preferrably in a multinational and/or experience in a big four firm or an accounting firm of similar size
- Experience of managing direct reports
- Fluent in oral and written English
- Experience of using a consolidation system (SAP BCS or similar system experience preferable)
- Financial accounting experience (IFRS/US GAAP knowledge is preferable)
- Strong MS Excel knowledge